statcounter

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

slipping not falling

i have a problem. i am having increasing difficulty filtering which memories of mine are real and which were part of my subconscious imagination or dreams. this is both bad in real life and in my dreams. remembering things that haven’t happened either makes you quirky or crazy in real life, but it is far worse at night. since i can never be one hundred per-cent sure what is going on, i have to tone down my behavior in the sandbox in my mind. as you can probably imagine, this makes for less exciting dreams where instead of snorting drugs off hooker’s backs i balance my checkbook and politely decline company for the evening.

1 comment:

  1. the best you can hope for now is some sort of equilibrium where both your imaginary friends in your dreams and your imaginary friends in reality think you're only slightly demented, but generally functional.

    ReplyDelete