statcounter

Monday, June 25, 2007

our love to admire

interpol’s our love to admire is immediately gratifying. before you get all purist on me you should note that turn on the bright lights was my favorite interpol album. i revel in the rawness of tracks lick “stella was a diver” and my favorite interpol track of all time, “obstacle 1”. but the new album has a much fuller sound, with keys, strings, and multiple textural layers. and i like it. from the dream-like “wrecking ball” to the more traditional chilly breeze of “rest my chemistry”, this album expands upon previous signatures while keeping the same middle name.

i know i should love daniel best. but guitar is actually my least favorite element of the band (not that i don’t like it). but pauls vocals stick to the ceiling and turn your face heavenward while the bass’ octave-jumps make your eyes flutter. and the percussion on
“who do you think?” (via slave to the details) makes me want to make out while tapping my boot against the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment