statcounter

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

snow day, snow day

last night was the first significant snow of the fall. while the snow was falling i was putting candy canes on branches of my holiday tree when i thought that perhaps i’d drink some holiday cheer in the form of a vodka shot with a candy cane chaser. since the only light in the house was my holiday tree i had a great view out from the sliding glass doors in the kitchen. to my surprise i saw that the back yard was not covered in the black of night but illuminated in a white glow as if it were dusk (it was ten p.m.). intrigued, i finished my holiday cheer and then put on a hat and mittens to see what was going on. not only was my back yard lit up, but the whole sky was bright. i can only assume that either angels were shining flashlights down from heaven or the moonlight was getting reflected by the cloud cover. i made some snowballs in the driveway and threw them at my house thinking, “this is what alaska must be like in the summer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment