statcounter

Saturday, January 10, 2009

michael finnegan

repetition in life is inevitable. it only gets dangerous when it causes a person to pay less attention to (and eventually ignore) their daily lives. in this fashion huge blocks of time can be lost. relationships can be eroded. red flames can be cooled so gradually that their color appears not to change at all. whenever i feel time slipping like that i try to do something original. if i do something i’ve never done before i am sure to remember it. and if i remember things vividly then they can no longer be part of a slushy chunk of time lost in the past. most recently i conceived a short play in which none of the interesting characters were ever on stage and most of the monologues were poorly veiled advertisements for info-mercial products. here is part of act one:

GENEVIEVE: [sitting in a train car, sings] Look at these grizzled nine-to-five-ers! I am just the same. My hair is flat, my stomach fat, my taste in music lame. If only there were a d.v.d. to take me where I want to be… Oh wait! There is. It’s “Hip Hop Abs” created by Shaun T.!

i am hoping for a limited run off broadway.

No comments:

Post a Comment