statcounter

Saturday, January 26, 2013

two dimensional friends

i’ve been spending more time in my music room lately so i decided to do some redecorating.  one set of posters down and a new class of inspirational laminated paper up.  hanging posters always ends up being an all day job.  having guitars within easy reach it becomes quite necessary to christen each poster’s attachment to the wall with at least a few bars from the band imprinted upon it.  inevitably something is not quite right and there is time spent fiddling with dials and throwing falsetto lyrics about.  by the time the adhesive settles all the bands have heard several covers of their own work and i’ve lost hours of my day.  i wonder if things like this help my progression as a musician or if they just help my progression toward a divorce from reality.  my stylist says my hair has been growing faster lately.  it could go either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment