statcounter

Saturday, January 28, 2006

avril

as i’m sure most of you have already concluded, i really dig (ha) avril lavigne. it’s not so much the predictable pop compositions or tired lyrics, but a certain something hard to define. I mean, pretty people are undoubtedly better than normal people, but i think maybe the thing i find cute is when musicians who are obviously pop singers think they are something different. self delusion is an attractive quality.

when i read this
sun article about her getting into modelling i became excited. this passage especially brought back memories:
In the process of shedding her tomboy image Avril has begun experimenting with cosmetics and clothes.
i remember when i first experimented with cosmetics. i was fifteen and my parents were out for the day. of course, i didn’t know any better so i tried all the products at the same time: eyeliner, rouge, lipstick. now I know not to mix cosmetics, but that day i experienced the dark side of estee lauder. i ended up floating around the house for a while and then puking for an hour in cold sweats. i had to lock myself in my room when my parents came home and say i had gotten the flu. i woke up the next morning with a massive hangover (smudged lipstick, eyeliner smeared, and traces of red and black on my hands and sheets).

No comments:

Post a Comment