statcounter

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

wonder...full...never fooled

i wonder if you wonder. where has he gone? did he not see his participation in my life as essential, scratch that, beneficial to my daily dose of normalization? you were better off without me. now read what i have to say...

over the last two weeks, i have earned more than ten thousand frequent flyer miles. words like bonus and segment and upgrade have found their way into this convoluted mind of mine. in chicago, a man (no woman could pull such a thing) grabbed my overcoat in a hurried attempt to reach a connecting flight. inexplicably, i returned his similarly tailored garment to the lost and found. wishful thinking comes in grey tweed as simply as it does midnight black. it's just that i traded much of my time for the expertise that came in selecting just the right coat, a ralph lauren for christ's sake. the airlines delayed my luggage three days later. tuesday, today, was spent wearing monday's clothes, and without an overcoat. pinstriped pants cannot account for everything that we lack. write that down.

philadelphia. denver. chicago. washington d.c. charlotte. rapid city. new york. new york. pierre. back to philly, y'all. this is my life, in a two week photograph.

mtv isn't satisfying, and it has nothing to do with bad videos. when i look at my ipod nano, black, four gig, impeccably simple, i wonder why it's not smaller. i wonder why i haven't slept in my own bed for two weeks. can magazines replace east coast air? i have more passwords than accounts. ketel one, splash of tonic, twist of lime. that's where i'm headed. it's the new you. it's still the same me. welcome. rewind. pause. frame by frame, please. it's just that's it's been a while.

i've been naked in the ocean before. there are some things that can fail to live up to expectations without ever disappointing. don't ask me to list their names.

1 comment:

  1. i'll hazard a guess at one such thing. every successive post by that loser patrick bateman. -- i mean, t.price. what a dork.

    ReplyDelete