statcounter

Sunday, February 19, 2006

impressions of nada

in the sundevil state for the weekend, where a series of events has brought to light a variety of realizations about my own worldviews (dim scale as minimal)...

nada surf plays 4 blocks from my hotel, tomorrow evening. i don't have exact numbers on the average number of shows that any of my favorite bands may play in their lifetime, but i would imagine that it is slightly larger than the number of sedonas and grand canyons in the world. that said, tomorrow night will most likely shove my previous weekend experiences to a distant second. priorities have a way of surfacing in this way, rendering 1000 to 1 ratios as particularly useless.

also on the subject of impressive natural formations, my preference remains closely tied to the ocean. maybe my dislike of extreme heights has something to do with it, but i have to imagine that a pending trip spent traveling the pch at high speeds will be a significantly more rewarding experience than the past few days of driving through the red rock of arizona. even a week spent at a beach on the east falls into a more impressive category.


all is a game

No comments:

Post a Comment