statcounter

Sunday, February 05, 2006

weaning

people like this mother have always aroused my ire. she feels that it is a good idea to let her children decide when they want to quit sucking food out of her nipples. quotes like the following from elizah, 7, illustrate why this is perhaps not the best idea:
I don’t want to be weaned. I want to breastfeed forever.
but aside from the blatant psychological issues there is the gross-tastic issue of her doing it in public. now i don’t know this woman but i would guess that she, like my condo-owners’ association, would have a problem with me getting the mail (only a hundred foot trek) in my boxer briefs. even if my tan was impeccable, et cetera. why? because 7 year olds with breasts in their mouths may get ideas.

1 comment:

  1. don't kid yourself. even my gossip about my own life was banal.

    but really, after running down the tracks at tunnel i've had some time to reflect on what i should really be writing about. what's really important. don't worry, however, you'll still get your insightful gossip in 5mg doses at regular intervals.

    ReplyDelete