statcounter

Thursday, February 16, 2006

mppa

matt pond pa played their brand of melodic pop at club café last night, to the delight of the sold-out crowd. surprising even me, the audience was very well behaved and pleasant and for this i think the crispness of the set was mostly responsible. matthew and co. played songs mostly from several arrows later and emblems (including “kc”, “closest(look out)”, “new hampshire”, and “close”). like the last show in october, however, the best song was “measure 3”, which seemed to unite the crowd into one organism, feeling no contempt toward any limb that may be dancing poorly or rubbing annoyingly against another limb. the only thing i regret is that my lady friend rebecca and her gentleman friend william couldn’t watch the show with me. well, that and asking matthew to marry me after the show.

unrelatedly, i know matt is a fan of queen and you can bet your oliver peoples glasses i am too. so i was pleased to find
q-unit, a white album type blending of 50 cent and queen tracks. if you are anything like me, this blends your love of freddie mercury with your hard knock past from the streets.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry we missed it! I am however glad that you got a chance to see him, and that I got a chance to see you. Some day Tim, some day we will see Matt together. William thought I should have went with you anyway....but I felt bad. He liked you a lot, incidentially. A whole lot. :-)

    ReplyDelete