statcounter

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

mo' novels mo' problems

i suppose pouring oneself into his work can be explained by one of two things: finding work more interesting than anything else or finding whatever alternative there is more objectionable. so, um, there’s this novel sitting at my house, and it’s north-north reaction to me is keeping me at the office. the book is not poorly written or unentertaining, i think it’s just the wrong time for us. even if i brazenly watch music videos this book sits there and stares at me. and i can’t read two books at a time, so it’s either give up or read it. although this problem is allowing me to quickly climb the corporate ladder it is vexing nonetheless. i am preparing for another battle of wills tonight until house can save me.

1 comment:

  1. are you talking about "The History of Salt"? the same novel george bush struggled with for six months?

    ReplyDelete