statcounter

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

mr. jones and me

for as long i can remember my fascination of mtv, i have always taken an inexplicable and special interest in the real world. some would argue that the majority of posts on a site such as this serve much the same purpose as this viewership, in that we all find enjoyment in the observation of others. and to that end, seeing the worst that humanity has to offer can sometimes bring us to the pinnacle of such a realm. recent real world seasons, however, have introduced a new sort of worst. it's not only that i find no reason to respect what i am watching, but also that i've lost interest in why i feel that way, why they are the way they are, and why the television has not yet learned to interpret my inner preferences as highest priority, regardless of my fingers' paths on the remote.

maybe future seasons will be filmed in high definition. maybe that's the new real. i don't have large pockets of time that can be aimed at watching the tv, and it's discouraging to note that i have little control over my final choice of programming. i also don't know that i want to "see me starin' back at me". adam duritz did, but his guitar is nicer than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment